Sunday 9 December 2012

A Letter From ME to the Muslim Brothers and Sisters around the World.

In the name of ALLAH THE BENEFICENT THE MERCIFUL.

Salam Everyone;

I am MUHAMMAD MAHFUJUR RAHMAN SHEYAM. I am a muslim. I am writing this letter to all muslim brothers and sisters living all around the world. I am a simple person. From my childhood I have heard a lot of things about ISLAM and about being a muslim from my family and from the people living around me. But, from when I have started reading The Qur'an, I have started seeing things "THANKS TO ALLAH" that I have never even thought about and seen before. I have started to understand how much ignorant I was, as well as the people around me that, it still pains my heart everyday by thinking that, What kind of knowledge have been given to us and what we have done while having the Qur'an so close.

What I have found out is that, most of the people told me things about ISLAM and being or living a life as a muslim from books other than Qur'an. And, most of the cases these people don't even know what is actually written in Qur'an or what they are talking about or from where they are telling things from. They don't even have any idea, what kind of things they are telling or doing. It's like, people are following ISLAM as his father has followed it or his grandfather has followed it, not as what ALLAH has taught us to do. It's like being a muslim is a family trait or family inheritance. And what is more alarming, is that, when talking to these people, even if I show them that they might be wrong, they still persist on doing what they have learned before and most of them don't even want to verify what I have told to them to see, if I am right or wrong. Come on... we have Qur'an to verify everything. I am a human being too. I also do mistakes. But, when someone tells me something, before I reject his opinion at least I try to verify if the person is wrong or how much right the person is and how much wrong I might be and thus trying to find out the truth. But, most of us is not doing that. More like we are afraid of asking questions to see because we may be afraid of what we may find out but, it's you choice what you want to do. But guyz, remember the story about prophet Ibrahim(PBUH). He asked questions to the community about what they are doing and didn't accepted what they told him, not even his own father, and tried to find the truth about ALLAH and later ALLAH did save him and showed him and gave him knowledge and accepted him as his slave and honored him. And here what are we doing?? We are persistently following what others are telling us to do. If what others are telling is right then I have no problem but if others are wrong then what ??? shouldn't we verify ourselves the matter in question ??

Another thing is that, people know a lot of hadiths while they have almost no idea about the verses of Qur'an. And, i have also seen that, most of the persons whom other peoples are going to ask or to learn from, are telling things from these hadith books most of the times, rather than telling them what is exactly written in Qur'an. From my experience of reading the Qur'an verifies that, about each matter Qur'an is very specific and exact. There's no need to add things to explain it because ALLAH put in Qur'an plenty of examples thus we may understand . That's what I call perfection and that's what ALLAH has given us(Thanks to ALLAH for his kindness and mercy).

In some cases, when these persons refer to Qur'an, it may happen that they skip the context of the verses they are telling or they say half of the verse while hiding the other half to establish their views. And sometimes they skip the verses from Qur'an and tell from these hadith books for granted, which is completely outrageous. But, it's not always intentional for most of these persons. May be they themselves don't know what is written in Qur'an thus they tell only from what they know, but, there are peoples, who intentionally do that to establish their views or understanding and if you question them, they become your enemy. So, the only solution is to see for ourselves what are the messages of ALLAH that our last prophet has brought to us by the permission of ALLAH to bring us out from darkness to the light.

I have understood something very important. If anyone wants to call himself/herself a muslim, then he/she has a self responsibility to know what is written in Qur'an. Qur'an is the book, that ALLAH has sent us to study and to learn form. Qur'an is the book that ALLAH has told us to follow. Qur'an is the book where ALLAH has made the distinction about right and wrong and has given us directions that we may understand easily and lead a proper muslim life. 

The people like Bukhari, Muslim and so others who have collected these information from other peoples which later became these hadith books are responsible for their work. And, those who are publicizing these books or information form these books to others are going to be responsible for their work too. And, so does the people who have decided to follow these books. I am no one to tell you what to follow but, I have started writing this letter to warn everyone that, every one of us is responsible for what we do. At least before we follow something shouldn't we know about the root before we look at other things to find out or to distinct about right and wrong. If we are following something then it may mean that, either we are following it because everyone told us to follow it while being ignorant of what is written in Qur'an or, we know what we are doing and have decided ourselves to do it. If you are ignorant about Qur'an then I will suggest you to start studying Qur'an to verify by yourselves and to see about what you are doing or heard from others, how much right or wrong they are or you are, and I pray that ALLAH MAY GUIDE YOU ALL.

Another thing is that, ALLAH has sent Qur'an in arabic language and it may not be your mother tongue as it's not mine too. But, Qur'an has already been translated or interpreted in other languages too. I have started to study Qur'an in the language that I understand and in future, I want to learn arabic language myself to have a better understanding which, I also suggest to others. Because I think that, if I learn the arabic language then I will be able to see the context of the verse in Qur'an more clearly and may also find out that, the translated/interpreted word that may have used before, may not be the proper one to use, from the context of Qur'an itself. So guyz, lets try to study and learn from Qur'an, while praying to ALLAH for guidance and putting our trust to ALLAH that HE will show us the way and lead us to the right path. Only ALLAH and ALLAH alone holds the guidance of his slaves. Read the Qur'an and i hope you will see what I have meant.

Now, if you think, that what I have written here is right, then please do
share it with other muslim brothers and sisters. Please, wake up and don't live in ignorance while you have the time to learn and study or to at least try. 
 
Thank You All for reading this long letter and bearing with me.
ALLAH be with you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment